Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New The Devil Wears Prada Music!


The Devil Wears Prada are one of the biggest bands in metalcore, to the chagrin of many, but tons and tons of people enjoy these guys, myself included. I am a bigger fan of their older material though and the Zombie ep will pretty much always be my favorite work from them, but I've always enjoyed their music. Anyhow, they announced a new album entitled 8:18 which surprisingly won't be releasing August 18th, but instead September 17th (Who's the genius was that missed that easy to remember release date opportunity?) and we've got a couple of new songs to hear from said album.


First up is 'Martyrs', which got the official music video treatment, although it's essentially a lyric video:



and secondly we've got 'Home For Grave' which I think might be a pre-order bonus.



One thing that I will say about these guys is that they know their audience, and they know how to write for that audience. My only issue with these guys is that Mike seems to be killing his voice with time. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but his high scream seems to get a little more off with each album. His lows are still pretty great though.

No comments:

Post a Comment