Monday, October 28, 2013

Daniel "DL" Laskiewicz Joins Legend!


Not too long ago The Acacia Strain parted ways with longtime member Daniel "DL" Laskiewicz, who had a big hand in the writing process for The Acacia Strain and did guitar work for them. However DL hadn't been touring with the band for a long time (as in a good number of years) and one thing led to another and he was let go, and replaced by Devin Shidaker and Richie Gomez. Now though it appears DL has joined the band Legend, who have made quite a name for themselves and share a lot in common in overall tone with The Acacia Strain so it seems like a great fit for DL's style of writing.

Legend plans to release a new record via Rise Records (they are label mates with The Acacia Strain) in early 2014, and everyone is excited for this release.

Here is the press release:
Front man Chad Ruhlig says, “It is with much excitement that Legend would like to welcome Daniel "DL" Laskiewicz to the family as lead guitarist. We are very much looking forward to having him be a part of this next chapter of the band. I think I speak for everyone when I say DL's reputation as one of the most creative and dominant guitar players in heavy music speaks for itself. DL and myself have both been working hard on this new album, and it will not disappoint. Be on the look out for the heaviest release in 2014 via Rise Records.”
“DL” states, “I'm very proud to announce that I'm the newest addition to the band Legend. I will be lead guitar/principal songwriter and I couldn’t be more excited. I have continued writing material as always, searching for someone with a huge voice to carry my music. Upon brainstorming I almost shit my pants when I imagined Chad Ruhlig’s voice over my riffs! I got in touch with him to sing on some of my songs for fun and he threw the idea out to just be in Legend. Being a fan of The Pale Horse record, I accepted the invitation and here we are today announcing this newly reconstructed machine. I’m done writing the record and will begin tracking very soon. Legend 2014 will stomp a mudhole in your ass.”
I for one am really excited to hear new music from Legend and with DL involved I can only imagine this new record will be one of their best releases. There's no word on whether or not DL will be a studio guitarist only, or if he will tour with Legend. But being that that was a large part of why he isn't in The Acacia Strain anymore I could see him no touring. Who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment