Friday, December 30, 2011

Starting Off The End Of The World Right!


2011 was a pretty damn impressive year for music. As you can see from my top albums list, which covered a majority of the best albums, but is far from containing all the albums you should have already listened too. Anyhow, I think it goes without saying that 2012 has some pretty big shoes to fill.

However there are a few albums I know are coming out that have me very excited.


Arbiter, whose new album(s) I've posted about numerous times, are releasing their stuff in late January or early February. They posted a single called 'Destroyer' already, which is fantastic, and you defintely need to hop on over to their facebook and check it out.


Montreal based tech death band Derelict are also releasing a new album entitled Perpetuation. Their previous work, which you can find here, is fantastic. I did a mini review of Unspoken Words here. You should definitely check it out and keep your eyes peeled for the new album.


Hour Of Penance, who pretty much birthed Fleshgod Apocalypse, are returning this year with a new album, which as of yet has no title. Or at least not one that I know of. They haven't yet released a single, but if they stick to the sound they've perfected on Paradogma and The Vile Conception, then we should have nothing to worry about. In the mean time if you haven't heard these guys, get yourself a spotify account and check out their past albums.


Lamb Of God are a band I only recently started listening to. Unfortuantely for me, I had always lumped them into a group of bad radio metal bands, even though I had never actually listened to them aside from what was on guitar hero. Thankfully listening to their new track 'Ghost Walking' forced me to check out their work and now I'm really excited for Resolution. You should be too, there is a reason these guys are so famous.


As with Lamb Of God, Psycroptic are another band I just started listening too thanks to their new single 'Carriers Of The Plague'. It's awesome tech death you should definitely check out. I still need to check out all their work, but what I have heard it awesome.


Killswitch Engage also started their next album. I loved As Daylight Dies, and 2009's self titled was pretty good, but I hope this new album can reach the same level as As Daylight Dies for me. That was their best album in my opinion. Howard Jone's vocals are excellent.

There are plenty of other albums coming out next year, but these are a few that I'm really excited for.

We also might get a Tool album finally and maybe even new System Of A Down. I know Tool actually went into the studio recently. so hopefully that'll ave more news soon. SOAD is overdue for a new album. Long overdue. Also I wouldn't be surprised if As I Lay Dying steps into the studio this year.

Anyhow, here's to hoping 2012 is an even better year for metal!


No comments:

Post a Comment